Thursday, February 28, 2008

Better than last time

In my last pregnancy with Q, this was the exact day that my water broke. I was 33 weeks and 5 days when it started leaking. I didn't actually go to the doctor for another 24 hours, thinking I was overreacting. Then, a few hours later just after midnight on May 5, 2006, Q burst into this world.
He wasn't breathing well and was pretty scrawny and cone-headed as you can see in one of his first pictures at left. But now, he looks great and is catching right up to his full-term counterparts.

It is hard to imagine that I could give birth now. It will be a relief to pass this day and know each day that goes by means the new little dude will be healthier and stronger. I have no desire to have him in the hospital for more than a few days. I want this birth to be as nature intended!

A photographer from my moms' group posted a message saying she was looking for an expectant mom willing to let her photograph their birth. She provided an example that I thought was really neat and touching and not at all graphic. I told her I would be interested in doing it. T is still a little skeptical, but I think it will be a wonderful thing to have some day.

--MM





3 comments:

Sally said...

hang in there, eb!

Shelli said...

Congratulations for making it this far MM!

julie said...

That's a great milestone to pass. Hope things continue to go well!

And I think the photo is a great idea. I wish I had more of me when I was pregnant and on delivery day.

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL