Monday, March 24, 2008

Ho Hum Easter

The Easter weekend had its ups and downs. Saturday started out with the visit from Barack Obama. It meant a very early morning, but it went extremely well. I was very happy with how smooth and organized our broadcast went. Those can either go great or horribly wrong. There never seems to be an in-between.

We were waiting quite awhile for his plane to take off, so we could show that and then wrap it all up. The clock was ticking toward our 1:00 p.m. scheduled Easter egg hunt. I was getting antsy! Come on Barack! This is sort of a big milestone! It finally took off at 12:45, T and I zipped home and made the egg hunt just a few minutes late.

We told Q to find the "balls," since that would catch his attention a bit better. The brightly-colored eggs were all hidden in plain sight for the 3 and under crowd. Q scooped up about five of his allotted 12 and then lost interest. He started climbing into other kids' wagons and trying on their sunglasses.

The rest of the weekend, I was pretty much a waste of space. We planned to go to brunch on Sunday, but I just felt so sluggish and grumpy, I barely wanted to get out of bed. Then I was mad at myself for not making myself get moving. I hate that cycle.

After sleeping away most of the day, I couldn't sleep at night. I lay wide awake in bed, analyzing every cramp and contraction. That can drive you insane. T snored away next to me while my mind raced, and I continually twisted and writhed in a futile attempt to find comfort. I got up to go to the bathroom about 47 times, only to have a tiny trickle come out. Those kind of nights always feel about 700 hours long.

I felt a little more lively today. Sluggish, lazy days like that don't recharge me. They just depress me. I had a little more spring in my step today and my grumpiness was gone. It hardly bothered me when Ruby ate half a plant, and T smashed a jar of ranch dressing on the kitchen floor.

--MM

No comments:

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL