Thursday, May 1, 2008

Changes

As is we haven't had enough upheaval in our life lately, more is on the way. Of course, we are still adjusting to a newborn baby in the house and a terrible two-year-old, and now T is changing jobs. He will begin his new career next Tuesday.

We have known about the change for awhile, and he is excited about it, and I am all for it, but that doesn't mean it won't have some challenges. Right now we work together, and we have for the past five years. It will be strange not to see him at work and to no longer rely on each other professionally. I also think in a lot of ways it will be healthier. Work would often take over our lives, because one of us was in the workplace fourteen hours a day! It's all we would talk about and stress about! Now he will have his own workplace.

This new job involves a year of training to be a manager. Eventually, it should be a lucrative position and good for our family, but this first year involves a small pay cut. With my raise, we will be making the same as last year. His job also could involve more travel. I do worry that a lot of the burden will fall on me, and it's not like I am just taking care of the kids. I will also be trying to keep up my career! So, there certainly will be some challenges, but this job brings better benefits and a strong future, so it is good news for our family. We also plan on relocating with his job in about two years when my contract ends. I am excited about where our new home will be and hope we can stay there for quite awhile. Big changes!

------------

My parents are coming out this weekend to see R and visit Q. We are going to go to the coast for one night and then return for Q's second birthday next Monday...Cinco de Mayo!!

------------

I am up to running just over three miles. It is slow going but feels good. I have also squeezed into my jeans, though a bit of a muffin top remains. At least I can wear most of my old clothes now. That chubby in-between stage can make you crazy!

--MM

2 comments:

Sally said...

Change is good, but always a little scary. Especially when you do it all at once (like I always do, too). Congrats to T and best of luck. Have fun w/ the folks!

Magstar said...

Congrats on already fitting into your old clothes! I am sure the exercise of chasing a two-year-old and nursing an infant gets to help, too! :)

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL