Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cleanliness is next to impossible

I am generally a clean person. I don't like cleaning at all, but I really like cleanliness. I don't even like my hands to be dirty, and I feel a little OCD tendency when I see books or papers out of order. With two children and boys for that matter, cleanliness is out the window. I write this after I just stopped Q from dropping every pellet of dog food into the dog's water creating a sort of soup.

Every night we pick up the house so everything is nicely in its place. In the morning, Q comes downstairs and methodically messes everything up. He must remove every toy from its storage place and spread it all around. Yesterday, he shared some apple slices with me, but when he couldn't chew the skin entirely, he scraped the chewed apple off his tongue and onto the carpet. Sigh.

Add to this his little brother who is getting an early start on messiness. R spits up a lot. I don't know if it is just appears to be an excessive amount, if I am just not remembering how much Q spit up, or if it really is just a lot of barf. It sure seems like the last one though. R had to have spit up fifteen times yesterday. Once it went down my leg onto the carpet. Another time, it splashed down my back onto the couch. T wasn't spared when R barfed over his shoulder and into a puddle on the ground. The worst instance though, was when R unleashed right onto my chest. It went down my shirt and pooled in my bra in a warm, sticky, sour-smelling mess. Ick. Usually I do have a cloth diaper under him to catch the spit-up, but he always manages to just miss it.

I have been trying to give in to this messiness and realize it doesn't really matter. Kids will make messes. What can you do? It is probably good for me in the long run to loosen me up a little, but come on, do I really need a bra full of barf to learn that lesson?

Our housekeeper is coming today to make everything sparkle. That is one indulgence we just don't want to give up. I can't wait to come home to a gleaming house. That will be a wonderful feeling, even if it only lasts till tomorrow morning.

-----------------

Tuesday:
Ran: 3 miles
Weight: 147 pounds

--MM

No comments:

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL